The 2022 BlueBonnet Express Event Information
The 31st annual BlueBonnet Express will be held on March 27, 2022 and will start from the Waller County Fairgrounds in Hempstead, Texas, 45 miles NW of Houston.
This fully supported ride is one of the Houston area’s oldest rides and is presented by Northwest Cycling Club. Three different distances/routes will be offered, heading north of Hempstead then turning south, staying mostly on country roads. Cyclists will encounter both flat sections and gentle rollers. This fully supported ride is only a few weeks before the Texas MS150 making it an excellent training opportunity.
The BlueBonnet Express is a MS150 Recommended Ride.
TRAFFIC CONTROL WILL BE PROVIDED BY AREA LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.
Location: Waller County Fairground, 21988 Hwy FM 359 & Fairground Road, Hempstead, Texas. Take Hwy 359 South off Hwy 290, go approximate 1.7 miles and follow parking attendants.
Routes and Start Times
Registration dates, associated registration fees, and t-shirt availability
Register online by 1/30/2022 for $35
Register online on 2/1/2022 and by 2/28/2022 for $40 (2/28 deadline for guaranteed t-shirts)
Register online on 3/1/2022 and by 3/25/2022 for $45
Online Registration Deadline March 25th, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET
REGISTER AT PACKET PICKUP
Registration at packet pick-up will be $45 on 3/25 & 3/26 (See below for times and location.)
Packet and T-shirt Pickup at Northwest Cyclery, 17464 Northwest Frwy @ Jones Rd
Friday, March 25 from 11 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday, March 26 from 11 am – 4:00 pm
You may register on site on the DAY OF THE RIDE – FEE IS $50.00.
Walk-up Registration Day of Ride at Waller County Fair Grounds from 6:00 AM – 7:30 AM
Walk-up registrants at the Fairgrounds will not receive t-shirts.
Lunch will be served from 11 am until 4 pm.
Safety Expectations for NWCC Sponsored Rides
- Helmets required!!
- NO earphones while riding
- Follow ALL traffic laws unless directed through an intersection by local law enforcement.
- Ride single file or two abreast. (Riding more than two abreast is almost always illegal.)
- Announce and/or use hand signals for changes in direction or speed.
- Announce or signal road hazards to other riders.
- Announce “slowing” or “stopping” when approaching intersections.
- Scan and look behind before changing position.
- Pass on the left announcing, “on your left”. If you need to pass on the right clearly say “on your right” since this is an unusual maneuver.
- Watch for approaching traffic as well as traffic coming from rear. Inform others by calling out “car up” or car back”.
- Move off the road to stop.
- For SAG pick-up, move off the road, call (346) 334-7515, and take off your helmet.
We expect riders not to ride if they are currently experiencing symptoms such as sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever, temperature at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit or if you have had these symptoms in the past two weeks. If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, been advised to get tested, or been advised to quarantine, we expect you not to ride in any of our group rides until the quarantine period has passed.
No refunds or transfers
For more information send email to email@example.com
BBX Ride Director: Carl Grasshoff
For more information
send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BBX Ride Director: Carl Grasshoff